Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pack and Mate by Sean Michael



Title: Pack and Mate

Series: Kennel Klub, 2

Author: Sean Michael

Publisher: Elloras Cave

Page count: 89
Genre: MM, Paranormal, mild bdsm

Reviewer: Redz





Publisher Blurb
Finn never dreamed he’d have a mate of his own, especially not one found at the Kennel Klub, where spankings are optional and encouraged. This young werewolf is a fish out of water suddenly thrown in the deep end.

Cort is immediately drawn to Finn but it is clear they’re very different men. A chance meeting leads to a lust they can’t ignore but soon Finn leaves with his packmates.


Cort is ready to do whatever it takes to find Finn again. Once he does he’ll have to work hard to convince Finn that they belong together.


Inside Scoop: Innocent werewolf meets commanding alpha in this male/male tale.

A Romantica® male/male erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave







Review

Pack and Mate by Sean Michael is the second book in the Kennel Klub Series.  I can say I have some really mixed feelings about this book. Would I like this book if I had never read a Sean Michael book? Yes very much, it hits all the points you want a good paranormal read to have.  Now I am a Sean Michael book stalker so I have some mixed feelings. Why you ask? Well there is a certain level of sensuality and edge that I love about Sean Michael’s works.  That edge is missing in this story.  At first it felt like a shirt that didn’t quite fit right.  Then I thought hey the author is stepping out of the box and doing something new. Okay I can roll with that.  I will base my review on that premise.  

This is my first venture into the Kennel Klub world.  I was not lost in the least bit. This book would make a great stand alone story.   I love the chemistry between Finn and Cort.  The dom sub relationship is really well done.  I like the understanding and kindness inside of Cort balances well with Finn who is the people pleaser.   They really do complete each other on the emotional playing field.  

Finn has to find his footing in a world he doesn’t understand, lucky for him Cort has no problems helping him with that.  They both like the quiet and peaceful life.  Finn needs someone like that since he has come straight out of the wild so to speak.

Over all this is a fast, fun easy read that I really enjoyed. If you are looking for a nice shifter story with lots of love and heart this is a great read to pick up. 


                                       Four Shooting Stars!! 


No comments: