Saturday, August 9, 2014

Vampire's Companion by Jory Strong



Title: Vampire’s Companion
Series: Connected to The Angelini World
Author: Jory Strong
Publisher: Jory Strong
Genre and Pairing:Paranormal and M/M, M/F, M/M/F
Page count: 126 pages
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:







Publisher Blurb
For over a week Detective Cia Caldwell has been struggling to label the interlude with Terach as a one-night stand. Though he’s the embodiment of temptation, she’s managed to resist his overtures. But the erotic images haunting her dreams and her attraction to him aren’t the only thing she’s battling.
Terrified she won’t be cleared for a return to duty until she sorts out what’s real and what’s not about that night she ended up in Terach’s bed, she goes looking for answers at Fangs, the place where it all began—and finds him with another man.
The depth of her desire to join them in carnal ecstasy sends her fleeing. But running is no escape, not from the man she doesn’t believe is a vampire, not from the blood-slave he’s rescued, and not from the supernatural gift she’s suppressed since childhood.
Her acceptance of the truth could mean the difference between life and death, between love and loss and a lifetime of regret, because she’s what both men need—a vampire’s companion.





Review
When I saw that Jory Strong had returned to the world of the Angelini I was ecstatic.  I so loved the characters and wanted an opportunity to see them again. While they were not prominent in Vampire’s Companion, they did make an appearance and my need was satisfied, a little.  It was also satisfied because Ms. Strong gave us a glimpse of what to expect as the Angelini’s gather, but that is not the focus of this story involving Terach, Israel and Cia. 
This was the time for one of Gian’s progeny to shine and shine he did.  I loved how strong in character Gian’s progeny are and Terach was no exception.  While I was a bit uncomfortable as I read Israel’s predicament, Terach, though surprised at seeing someone from his past, did the right thing even though it could cost him everything.  I adored his willingness to protect even as he is hit with renewed lust and attraction.  His determination to do right by his unknowing companion was compelling as well as admirable.  His choices and struggles to remain true put him right where he needed to be and returned Israel to his world. 
Speaking of Israel, I liked the man he was as well.  He may not have liked who he was but I adored the man we saw.  He retained a strong core of right and wrong in spite of his circumstance which I could do nothing more than admire.  Ms. Strong gave us in Israel a man who had been beaten down by circumstance but stood tall, at least in my eyes.
For me the weak link was Cia.  But I must say I loved how Ms. Strong showed us the journey she needed to become worthy of Terach and Israel (funny how I have taken ownership of the men like I have the right, huh?).  Her memories were spotty but she knew something wasn’t quite right.  I wanted her to move forward and fight for something other than the status quo.  I was more than happy to see that life and love would provide the impetus Cia needed.
I thoroughly enjoy Ms. Strong’s work and this did nothing to inhibit my love.  I wait impatiently for her return to the world of the Angelini.

  
                               Five Shooting Stars




No comments: