Saturday, August 9, 2014

Kodiak's Claim by Eve Langlais



Title: Kodiak’s Claim
Series: Kodiak Point, 1
Author: Eve Langlais
Publisher: Eve Langlais
Genre and Pairing: Paranormal and M/F
Page count: 240 pages
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:



Publisher Blurb
A big bear romance.

He might growl, but she’s not afraid to bite.

Hands full taking care of his clan, the last thing this Kodiak bear needs is a woman poking her cute little nose into his affairs. But when she refuses to back down—and shows the courage to stand up to him—he can’t resist the allure of a curvy city girl.

She’s mine. All mine.

And when a rival clan thinks to use her to force his paw, he’ll show them why you never piss off a Kodiak, or threaten what’s his.

Tammy is convinced all men are scum, even gorgeous ones like Reid Carver. She knows he’s hiding something. Something big. She just never expected a real freaking bear hid underneath all those yummy muscles. But when the truth comes out and he tries to scare her off with a roar, she shows him not just bears have bite.




Review
I am and have been a fan of Eve Langlais’swork for quite some time and with the addition of Kodiak’s Claim to her body of work, the love affair continues.  Prior to the releaseof the first in the Kodiak Point series, Ms. Langlais had given her fans snippets and I loved the peeks of Reid she provided.  I was sure that I would fall in love with Reid, I mean alpha bear, need I say more?
However from the moment I read the first words, I found myself adoring Tammy.  She has just become my new favorite female character.  Who doesn’t love a strong female character?  But Tammy had strength plus, at least in my estimation.  She had a few extra pounds and loved to eat but she was determined not to let life or scum sucking ex-boyfriends stop her from loving herself.  Her determination to live life on her own terms was apparent throughout and wonderful to see.  Her fight to maintain a healthy self-image was only one of the reasons I found Tammy so likable.  I loved how she stood up to Reid even as she struggled with her attraction to the compelling male.
And compelling is the least of the words I could use to describe Reid.  Reid is ALPHA to his core and fighting his attraction to Tammy.  He is use to people, shifter or not, deferring to him and the puny human female who calls him on his bullshit isn’t something he is used to, but he likes it.  And so do I. 
In Kodiak’s Claim Ms. Langlais gave us a tale full of humor, action and love.  Kodiak Point may be an isolated town in Alaska but the residents are pure Eve Langlais characters.  I am so looking forward to what happens next and who will fall under the spell of love via Ms. Langlais pen.
                                





                                                 Four Twinkling Stars 

No comments: