Saturday, July 19, 2014

Recommended Read : Fated Healing by Alanea Alder



Fated Healing (MM)Title: Fated Healing

Series: Kindred of Arkadia, 5
Author: Alanea Alder
Publisher: Siren Publishing
Genre and Pairing:Paranormal and M/M (oral and anal sex)
Word Count:45,051
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:







Publisher Blurb
Felix Kilpatrick survived years of hell in a mad Alpha’s cage and has finally made it to the safety of Arkadia. To make things even better, his best friend Sebastian has also found his way to Arkadia and offered to let him live with the Arkadian lion’s pride. He is living it up when he meets his mate. One overly neat, OCD, fastidious doctor.
Dr. Maddox Claybourne is content with his life in Arkadia. He tends to the occasional broken bone or contusion that is commonplace in a shifter only town. He is not prepared for a redheaded mate that wrecks his clinic, ignores his orders, and tries to serve him microwavable pizza!
It will take every ounce of skill between Felix and Claybourne to combat a mysterious illness that threatens to steal away the lives of those most precious in Arkadia. No one is safe when people begin to fall ill. Can Felix and Claybourne discover a cure in time? And when they can’t, can they live with the deaths this virus will leave in its wake?




Review
I truly love Arkadia and wish it was a place that I could not only visit but live in.  And with Alanea Alder’s Fated Healing my desire has not abated one wit.  Words really can’t express just how much I enjoyed my latest visit to Arkadia.  The town is under siege and it is all hands on deck.  I was impressed, yet again, with how this town pulls together in both joy and sorrow.  They don’t allow anyone to feel left out and that feeling extends to the reader. 
Felix was a breath of fresh air.  His past was dismal but he was more than his outlandish nature would suggest.  One moment he would have you chuckling away at either a comment or thought and the next moment he is standing up for his mate, no one would be allowed to heap their angst and fear upon the one fated to be his without him taking a large chunk out of them.  I could do no more than be impressed by his loyalty, courage and humor.  And if anyone needed someone to help them loosen up a bit it was Claybourne.  While he was definitely a fuddy duddy, I was pleasantly surprised by the moments when he stepped outside of his rigidness. 
Fear was pervasive throughout town and Ms. Alder grabbed the reader by throat as they feared along with the townspeople.  I laughed, I cried, I felt the highest of the highs and the lowest of the lows right along with the town.  Ms. Alder gave us a story that was so well written that I felt each emotion right along with them.  My emotions seesawed as I read with bated breath to see if the town would win this latest battle.  I thoroughly enjoyed feeling like I was one of the Kindred of Arkadia and look forward to returning to my home away from home.
                               five shooting stars and a Recommended Read




No comments: