Friday, July 18, 2014

Hidden Needs by Havan Fellows



Title: Hidden Needs
Series: Secrets of the Sanctuary, 1
Author: Haven Fellows
Publisher: Appleton Publishing Avenue
Genre and Pairing:BDSM and M/M (light bondage, toys, anal play)
Page count: 31 pages
Reviewer Name: Luna
Publisher Buy Link:





Publisher Blurb
Archer Hehnier is a hard-core businessman through and through. He's not afraid to make the merciless decisions, to put in the long hours, to lose himself in his work for the greater good of his company and his clients…even if it means losing a piece of himself in the process. But when does a man with a mind always turning at two hundred rotations per second get his personal needs met?
Dalton is an uncompromising businessman, who could, no doubt, go toe-to-toe with Archer in the boardroom—but that's not the room Dalton wants to tackle Archer in.
With a little help from his friends at the premier BDSM club, The Sanctuary, Dalton hopes to fulfill every one of Archer's hidden needs.



Review
BDSM is currently all the rage and I am always on the lookout for a good story with this alternative view, so I will be the first to admit the story blurb as well as the series title intrigued me.  What Secrets of the Sanctuary would be revealed?  What needs are hidden?  So when I read the first sentence and realized the story would be in first person, I expected to struggle through the reading since I am not a fan of the style.  Boy was I wrong.  From the first sentence of Hidden Needs by Haven Fellows I was hooked. 
Who was this man that had such a keen eye for detail?  Who was this man who needed control and consistency so much as to be predictable?  As I learned the routine of one and the somewhat stalker tendencies of the other, I constantly had a smile on my face while reading his observations.  What would he do with this knowledge and how could he be so unnoticed?  I wanted to find the answers and my curiosity was peaked the further I read. 
That is not to say Ms. Fellows did not satisfy my curiosity, she did and she did it in such a way that I forgot I was reading in first person.  Not only that, she did it in such a way it had me waiting with bated breath to see what would happen next. 
I have never read Ms. Fellows before but I can honestly say this will not be my last time searching for her work.  This story may have been short but it was filled with humor, acceptance and the beginnings of a relationship.  I am looking forward to what else can be spawned within the walls of The Sanctuary.


                                              Five Shooting Stars


No comments: