Thursday, May 15, 2014

Protecting Olivia by Caitlyn O' Leary







Thanks for hosting me on your blog, and allowing me a moment to talk about why this book means so much to me.  It is the second book I have written.  It follows Trusting Chance in the Fate Harbor series, and I like to think I’m still delivering the same kind of fun, strong story to my readers.  As a matter of fact, they get hunky firemen, and a mystery!  I’m also introducing two ex-Special Forces men who also come to help protect Olivia because somebody is really out to get her. 
The reason this book really tugs at my personal heartstrings is that it mentions one topic that that is especially relevant to me.  That is the need for homeless shelters.  My mom was mentally ill, and she had five children who desperately loved her and would have taken her in at any time, but because of her illness we couldn’t always find her.  Knowing that there is a shelter system in America where people who are in need can find refuge is important to me.  When I wrote this story for Olivia, I hadn’t even realized that connection between my mom and Olivia’s passion.  It was re-reading the story during the editing process that it clicked for me why the story resonated.  All of my characters seem to write their own stories and I have very little say on what they do, so I was happy to see that Olivia was doing something about a cause that would have helped my mom. 
Okay, with all that being said, the people that I have had read the book, still said that the mystery and action had them turning pages until the very end.  And that the book was extremely steamy.  So go read the excerpts, before thinking that Olivia spent her entire time taking care of the homeless, I assure you she spent plenty of time “playing” with her oh-so-hot firemen!
Caitlyn




STORY SYNOPSIS:
After almost being beaten to death Olivia Prescott is recovering in Fate Harbor.  There she meets firefighter, Joshua Parker, who was everything she wants in a man, and she begins to fall in love. Later, his best friend and fellow firefighter, Ian Ransom returns, and she recognizes a long lost piece of her soul.
Rather than coming between the two friends she flees back to Boston.  When Joshua and Ian find out that Olivia’s life is in danger, they realize that their friendship and Olivia mean more to them than any sense of betrayal. They recognize that to keep her they must learn to share her.  Their background in law enforcement allow Joshua and Ian to protect Olivia while helping to discover who is behind the attempts on her life. While finding out who is behind the plot to kill Olivia, can they convince Olivia that the three of them are meant to be together and make a life in Fate Harbor? 
AUTHOR BIO AND CONTACT:
Caitlyn O’Leary was born and raised in a small town in the Pacific Northwest.  She’s been an avid reader all her life.  Her earliest creative writing endeavors consisted of “ghost writing” exercises in which she pretended to be her younger brothers and sisters when she did their homework assignments, before they turned them in as their own.  Years in corporate America honed her ability to manipulate words by day, while at night she continued to read everything she could get her hands on, including many, many steamy romances!
Now, happily married to her long, tall Texan and living in Southern California, Caitlyn has finally found the time to write erotic Happily Ever Afters for Siren. She enjoys swimming, travelling, writing, babysitting her nieces and nephews, spending time with friends and family and doing lots of “research” for her upcoming novels with her husband.
Website:          https://www.caitlynoleary.com/
E-Mail:                        Caitlyn@Caitlynoleary.com
Blog:               https://www.caitlynoleary.com/blog



Twitter:                       https://twitter.com/CaitlynOLearyNA

No comments: