Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Review The Alpha's Mate by Olivia Black







Title :  The Alpha’s Mate
Series:  Silver Bullet, 1
Author:   Olivia Black
Publisher:  Siren-Bookstrand
Genre: MM, Werewolf
Word Count: 24,118
Reviewer: Redz















Publisher Blurb:


Alpha Gideon Channing isn’t just the leader of his pack in New Orleans. He’s also the owner of Silver Bullet, a gay club that offers everything from a dance floor to a dungeon. The club caters to all of its customers from shifters to vampires and even humans.
Josh Gordon is human. He’s just graduated college and is ready to party. He knows that paranormals exist. In fact, everyone does. It’s not a secret. After drinking and dancing with his friends, large arms wrap around him and he’s instantly blown away that a huge wolf shifter would be interested in him.
The two men spend a wild night together, but when Josh wakes up, he’s scared of the awkward morning after. He can’t understand why his heart hurts with each step he takes toward the door. Before he can sneak out, Gideon stops him and convinces him that he needs more than just one night.





Review:

The Alpha’s Mate by author Olivia Black starts of the Silver Bullet series. I have mixed feelings about this book.  Gideon is alpha of his pack and owner of a BDSM club called Silver Bullet.  He is a nice guy, not overly alpha.  I liked his kindness, and his caring for his pack and his little brother.  He didn’t seem overly dominate to me.  I think that though is what Josh, a human who enters Silver Bullet to see what it is all about really needs though.  Josh is very accepting of everything, I liked that not much conflict there.  What little conflict there is, is easily solved making this a very light easy read.  This is where my mixed feelings come in.  I loved the concepts.  BDSM, werewolves and mixing in mates, but the concept of mates is really driven home.  A tad too much, we perhaps needed another word for it in places.  I would rather feel the connection than just be told they are mates.  However the sex and love is there.  So I really think perhaps my mixed feelings come from this being a first book in the series. Sometimes a first book starts off a bit rocky and then the flow comes with the second one. So I am looking forward to reading what comes next.  This book does a great job of setting things up for us making me want more.  I say pick this book up it is a different look at shifters and love that I think readers would really enjoy seeing. 






                                                       Four Twinkling Stars!!
                   





No comments: