Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Welcome Lexi DeHalo!


L E X I  D E H A L O


Lexi DeHalo lived in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina until she left for college to study Chemistry and Forensic Science. Despite her love for science, Lexi’s heart has always belonged to the arts. So, after moving to the big city, she decided to pursue her creativity by writing hot stories about hot men who love other hot men.
She welcomes questions and comments from her readers on Facebook, Goodreads, or her website.


Forbidden Moon [Be-Were 2]
Adam Anderson must put aside his broken heart for his Pack. Taking on a dangerous mission deep within the mountains is a step in the right direction. When Adam is severely injured, he is rescued by a lone shifter with a past as troubled as his own. What evolves from there is a romance that awakens feelings he hasn’t had since the death of his mate.


After his pack’s betrayal, Cersin Everett swore never to trust again. He resigned himself to a solitary life far away from both pack and past. However, a hunting trip turned rescue mission brings him a man who can teach him what it means to hope again.

As Sin shows Adam his world, it becomes harder for them to deny their growing feelings. But theirs is a forbidden match, an unmated pairing. They will have to either surrender their newfound love or be torn apart by the world outside the sanctuary of Sin’s home.

Who is Lexi DeHalo?
Ø What are you currently working on? How is it different from other books you’ve written?
I’m currently working a book entitled, Long Kiss Goodnight. The story focuses primarily on the emotions and growth of the two main characters. This book is one of the most serious books I’ve written in the MM genre so I’m anxious to see how it turns out.

Ø What types of scenes are your favorite to write?
Any BDSM scene. I could write those all day! There’s something about the mixture of emotions and the dynamics between a Master and slave that I absolutely love to write about.

Ø Do you prefer to write 1st or 3rd Person POV? Why?
Honestly, I prefer 1st person POV because you can really get involved with a character from that point of view. Being inside a character’s head allows for more character development, but most publishers don’t accept manuscripts written in 1st person POV so the majority of my manuscripts aren’t in 1st person.

Ø What do you feel are the most important aspects to a good romance?
Adequately developing the characters and their feelings for one another. The characters have to be real to me. I have to feel their emotions and truly believe in their romance.

Ø Are you always in the driver’s seat? Or do your characters drag you along for the ride?
I do a little bit of both, but really I should just listen to my characters. Usually when I try to take control, my characters refuse to follow. That’s usually when I end up deleting large sections of my manuscript and rewriting it. So in the end, they still get their way.

Ø What is your least favorite part of the writing process?
Edits. I’m a very harsh critic on myself so anytime edits come into my inbox I know I’ll be spending the next week in a fit of panic.


7 comments:

Crissy Morris said...

great interview...and I can't wait to read this book :)

Sheri Vidal said...

Love the interview. :)

Laurie Peterson said...

This book is wonderful! Can't wait to see who gets a story next!.

princesslissa said...

This is a really good series. I'm enjoyed both books.

Bobbie Walker said...

Great interview that gives us an insight in to how you think. Loved this book and the two characters, they both really pulled my heart strings in what they went through but came out on the other side together.

Lexi DeHalo said...

Thank you for all the awesome comments! It is really appreciated.

cathy h said...

Great interview .. I have this book on my kindle in the to be read file.. :)