Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday's Teasers


Angelic Alliances [His Guardian Angels 5] by Jana Downs
Madigan blinked back spots as a dozen camera bulbs went off in his face. Scepta stood at the podium, staring out at the center camera, the one that would broadcast on the private channel in Urun. “By now you will all have heard the news about the sanctuary cities that have fallen,” he said, his voice filled with more humanity than Madigan had ever heard in it.

As the son of a archseraphim, he was very otherworldly most of the time. “The hunters are coming.” A gasp circulated the crowd, fear evident on each and every face there. “They plan on ridding the world of us one city at a time and in the past there was little way that we could stop it.” He stepped to the side and Madigan stepped forward. “However, the time has come when things need to change. Madigan is a new resident to our fair city but he is no less passionate about its protection.”

“What can he offer us? He’s just another nephilim,” one of the reporters/bloggers from the back of the pack said. “Only good for cannon fodder.”

“Madigan Parker is the son of Archangel Raphael,” Scepta said, his tone scathing. “He has been predicted to lead us.” A dozen people immediately started shouting questions.

Madigan figured that was his cue to say something. He stepped up to the mike, jostling Scepta aside. His lovers were in a line behind him, holding a hard pose with eyes diligently scanning the area. He felt comforted by their presence. “I’m a simple guy,” he said as the screamers quieted. “Once upon a time I was a baker who had zero clue about this world or the dangers in it. I don’t want to hurt people and I sure as hell don’t want to be the spokesman of a entire race. However,”— he pointed toward the sky— “There are monsters who have taken it upon themselves to hunt me and everyone like me. For too long they’ve been allowed to kill without regulation, without remorse. Either we take a stand now or we accept our fate as second class citizens in a cosmic universe that will only end with our extinction.” He took a deep breath before making what he could only describe as a declaration of war. “I will fight for my right to live on this planet but I can’t force others to do so. If you want to join me, we will be training for the battle.”

“We’ll be slaughtered!” a voice shouted from the crowd.

Madigan shook his head. “Not this time.” Now, Father. The archangels blinked into existence behind him and a gasp percolated through the crowd. He’d wager that none of them had ever seen them together all at the same time. “My father and my uncles have graciously agreed to offer their services during the campaign. We’ll post more information as soon as it becomes available.”

Out of the Shadows by Kalista Kyle
“Time to go home, Joshua. I do not expect you to live at the office,” Caleb said, coming over to his desk and jostling him out of his sexy daydream in a rush.
Blushing, Josh tried to cover it by typing faster.
“I have one more sentence, and then I can save and leave, sir. I just want to be sure this gets off to Mr. Abriel today. I know we’re on a deadline with it,” Josh hit send on the computer and started powering down. He noticed out of the corner of his eye that Caleb wasn’t moving. He was still standing there waiting patiently. He tried to ignore his presence in hopes his cock would behave before he stood up and showed his aroused state to his new boss.
“Did you need something?” Josh asked while he gathered his things, trying not to look at Caleb and concentrating on anything but the man standing next to him it was a monumental effort not to look at him. 
He wasn’t used to someone staring at him for so long, and it was making him feel like his clothes were on wrong or something. He made sure his jacket was draped over his arm in front of him as he stood up. It might not be subtle, but he didn’t have to advertise he was hard for his boss. After all, today was the first day. He didn’t want to lose this job. He needed it.
“Waiting for you to finish up. We can go to the parking garage together, give us a chance to talk some, get to know each other a little better.” Caleb steered him toward the elevators. His hand brushed Josh’s hair, gently musing it. Then he seemed to ghost a hand down his back ever so lightly, causing tiny shivers in him. Josh could have sworn he felt a hand on his ass.
Josh wanted to press back into that hand but did not dare to. After what happened with Reed Josh knew his taste in men was not stellar.  He wanted to get to know his boss better before he gave him the come and get me vibes. He hated confrontation with a passion so he decided the best course was to just pretend he did not notice.
For now anyways the best course of action was no action whatsoever. 

Simply Complicated by Gabrielle Evans
Eyeing his sister critically, he felt a stab of guilt. Dark bags under her eyes, her skin pale, she looked every bit as worn out as he felt. She should be resting, preparing for the arrival of her first child, and basking in the glow of motherhood.
“I uh, asked around at my Lamaze group about someone.”
Jason closed his eyes and groaned. “What did you do?”
“It’s just an interview, Jace. Whitney Baylor came very highly recommended by several mothers in the group.” She reached across the table and took his hand. “You need help. You’re falling apart.”
He hated when she was right. If he kept spreading himself so thin, eventually, there would be nothing left of him. “When is the interview?”
“At ten.”
“I ought to kick your ass for this.” Jason smirked at his sister before taking a sip of his coffee.
“If it works out, you’re going to be kissing the ground I walk on.”
“Aunt Libby!”
“Aunt Libby!”
Abby and Dallas rushed into the kitchen, still dressed in their pajamas, and sprinted right to their Aunt. “Is the baby coming yet? Can I feel him? What are you going to name him?” Abby rapid-fired questions as she smoothed her hand over Libby’s belly.
“It’s a secret,” Libby whispered to them conspiratorially. She kissed each of them on the cheek and stood. “What do we want for breakfast this morning?”
“Sis, sit down. I can make breakfast.”
“Pamcakes!” Dallas wrapped himself around Jason’s leg and clung like a monkey. “Aminal pamcakes, Daddy!”
“Oh, yes, that sounds lovely.” Abby sat down at the kitchen table, folding her hands in her lap like a proper lady.
Libby looked at him, her eyebrows raised and lips pressed together in a thin line as she tried to contain her amusement.
“Can I have waterlemon with my pamcakes?” Dallas released his hold on Jason’s leg and hurried to the refrigerator. He struggled to pull out the small watermelon, grunting as he carried it across the kitchen.
Austin’s cry sounded from up the stairs. “Bubba crying.” Dallas dropped to the watermelon to the floor where it burst open, splattering its insides across the tile. “I get him.”
“No, I will get him.” Abby slid out of her chair and ran from the room.
“I do it.” Dallas whined as he scrambled after her.
Jason dropped his head to rub the tension out of the muscles in his neck. The kids had been awake for ten minutes and already he felt the beginnings of a migraine. “I’ll meet the nanny.”
“Good.” Libby stepped over the mess on the floor and kissed his cheek. “I’ll go get the baby.”

Moon's Captive [Be-Were 4] by Lexi DeHalo
The man was something out of Dean’s darkest fantasies. His mouth went dry as he watched the shifter wrap the blanket they had given him around his waist.
“I want you to release me.” The shifter spoke at last. His voice was like velvet. It had a very melodic tone that instantly had Dean’s cock hard Christ. His heart beat pounded loudly in his ears as the blood flowed to his loins.
Dean licked his lips and tore his gaze away from the man behind the bars. “I can’t release you. How do I know you’re not an assassin? Or better yet, how do I know you’re not a spy sent here by your Alpha?”
“I’m not trying to kill you nor do I have any interest in spying on you. I just want to go home.”
Dean met the shifter’s eyes and studied his expression. He appeared to be telling the truth but something wasn’t adding up. “If you’re not here to kill me or spy on my people, then why were you following us?”
The prisoner seemed genuinely surprised by Dean’s assessment. “I wasn’t. I just happened to be near the portal when you opened it.”
Dean’s eyes narrowed. “Bullshit. I know you were watching us from the moment we left your Pack. Now unless you can give me a good damn reason why I should trust you and let you go, I’m afraid you’re going to be here for a very long time.”
“My Pack will come looking for me,” the shifter warned.
Dean snorted. “I’m sure you’ve realized by now, your telepathic connection to your Alpha has been temporarily severed. It’s because of the magick wards I set up protecting this place. So the only way your Alpha would know you were here is if he sent you and if that’s the case then you’re the only bargaining chip I have to get the shifters out of my territory and this damned war you have going on with the Stragorri out of my back yard. No, I think it’s best to keep you right where you’re at. Plus, after that little trick you pulled on one my guardsmen, there’s no way you’re getting out of here.”
The shifter pursed his lips. “I didn’t hurt him. I only wanted to get your attention. I’m not an assassin or any kind of spy. I’m not even a fighter. I’m a healer. Please,” the man pleaded as his blue eyes looked up at Dean with sincerity.

“What’s your name?” Dean took a step closer. He was so close now that if he wanted to, all he had to do was reach out to touch him.

23 comments:

Crissy Morris said...

Okay...I seriously love them all...but Simply Complicated? Can I have Abby?

Laurie Peterson said...

OMG, I want them all! Every single darn one of them is just so good.

Laurie Peterson said...

Oh and FYI, the memory Simply Complicated brought back...happened to me in real life, except I was with my family grocery shopping, late at night, so the store was pretty empty and quiet. So I was going to prove how strong to my big sister and pick up a watermelon. Picking it up wasn't the problem, it was getting it back onto the table, you know the ones with that stupid lip on them so the produce doesn't role off. And I almost had it, but....splat! Every head in the cashiers line turn my way. I knew I was dead meat. My Dad just laughed, picked up the watermelon (which had just cracked into two halves) and bought it. And to this day it's still the best watermelon I've ever had.

Gabrielle Evans said...

Thanks, Crissy! Abby is short for Abilene. All the kiddos are named after cities in Texas. She's six and about as precocious as they come.

Gabrielle Evans said...

LOL Laurie! That's funny because this scene was inspired by true events as well. When my 11 year old was 4, he never said "watermelon." He always called it a water-lemon. LMAO! He didn't drop our watermelon in the kitchen, though. He dropped it in the driveway trying to get it out of the car. :)

Rosie said...

All great teasers but very intrigued by Simply Complicated. Is it a stand-alone, a new series or part of. Continuing series? Looking forward to all 4 books!!!

Gabrielle Evans said...

Thanks Rosie! Right now, it's a stand alone, but I have a very hard time letting go of my characters, so it will probably end up as the first book of a new series. LOL!

Yvette said...

I love all the teasers, but Simply Complicated! That's a keeper already...
Yvette
yratpatrol@aol.com

cathy h said...

Ok I am with everyone else. I want all three, especially Simply Complicated! So is there release dates for any of them? Or are the all WIP?

lee ann pratt said...

I agree..these all sound great!

Paula said...

I agree with everyone else. I so want to read all three of them, they sound awesome. :)

Gabrielle Evans said...

Thanks Yvette and Lee Ann!

Gabrielle Evans said...

Cathy, these are all WIP, but Out of the Shadows is supposed to be releasing on Amazon this month. Angelic Alliances and Moon's Captive will probably release sometime in August. I'm the only bad kid. LOL! I don't have an estimated release on mine, because I don't know when I'll get around to finishing it. Simply Complicated is just a side project right.

Gabrielle Evans said...

Thanks Paula!

Felicia said...

I loved them all and can't wait to read them.

Kalista Kyle said...

http://authorkalistakyle.blogspot.com

if anyone wishes to follow my blog.

I am both nervous and excited about my new release.


Everyone's teasers are amazing!! So happy to add to my TBR pile

Jessie Colt said...

I can't wait for them all to come out. They all sound great.

Lexi DeHalo said...

Thanks, everyone :) Moon's Captive has been sent off to the publisher but so far I don't have a release date. You can follow my blog and check back for updates as soon as I have more information.

http://lexidehalo.blogspot.com

Gabrielle Evans said...

Thanks Felicia and Jessie!

Sheri Vidal said...

I loved the teasers...I feel sufficiently teased. ;)

Hannah Jordan said...

I think I have found a new series to read.Thank You for all your hard work

Kalista Kyle said...

Thank you Sheri and hannah

Kalista Kyle said...

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read the teasers