Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Interview with Cynthia Eden










What is your newest release and what inspired it?

My most recent release is HOWL FOR IT, a paranormal anthology that also features the super talented Shelly Laurenston. In HOWL FOR IT, I was inspired by the Little Red Riding Hood story, only in my version, Little Red happens to be a hunter, and the big, bad wolf is actually a werewolf on the prowl.

When writing a series what is the hardest part of creating it?

For me, the hardest part is finding the right mix of characters. You want the characters to be able to grow and develop through the series, so when you begin, you will often start with characters that will completely flip and change their behaviors by the end of that series. In my Fallen books, I started with some characters who are on the darker end of the spectrum, and by the end of the series, I’m hoping readers can view them as anti-heroes (instead of just villains).

What do you consider to be the sexiest thing a hero or heroine can do?

This may sound strange, but I love when a hero or heroine makes a huge, dramatic sacrifice for the person that he/she loves.  Showing you care so very much is always sexy. 

Why angels? What inspired that for a series?

I wanted to try writing a different paranormal character (though I certainly still love my vampires and werewolves), and angels gave me the chance to really experiment. I could show the angels as they struggled to understand the emotions they felt—and all of the needs that came with human lives. I knew I wanted to focus on several different fallen angels and the series idea developed very quickly for me.

What is the most challenging part of being a writer?

Stepping away from the computer!  I work at home, so I find myself trying to write all the time. My husband keeps telling me to do normal 40-hour work weeks, but I can’t. The characters keep calling me, and it’s pretty much a normal routine for me to work 80+ hours since I tend to go without a lot of sleep during a mania writing period.

How do you keep sex scenes fresh and new?
That is such a tough question! I actually think writing sex scenes can be the hardest part of any romance novel. I try to mix the emotions with the physical aspect of sex so readers can get “in the moment” as much as possible, but it’s tricky!

Has any of your real life experiences ever spilled over into a book, like jobs or friends (you don't have to name names LOL)?

None so far; I am a very boring in person! I need some of that drama to spill over into my real life.

How do you have the time to balance writing and "real life" stuff?

I try to make schedules—that sounds terribly obsessive, doesn’t it?  I write like a maniac during the day, but when my husband and son are home, I force myself to take breaks. Then, when they sleep—it’s back to the computer for me 

Describe for us your idea of the perfect day.


A day filled with lots of reading, writing, and a really good Castle episode.

What do you have planned next, can you give a little sneak peak?

The third book in my Fallen series, ANGEL IN CHAINS, will be released on 11/27/12, and my lead character is very much an anti-hero. Az is one of the most dangerous Fallen on earth and he’ll do anything necessary to fight his way back into heaven.

In 2013, Kensington will release my fourth Fallen book, AVENGING ANGEL, featuring the only heroine who is an angel (and she gets introduced—along with her hero—in ANGEL IN CHAINS).

Thanks so much for interviewing me! It’s been a pleasure. 








Mortal Sin
As a fallen Angel of Death, Azrael is cursed to walk the earth alone in search of redemption. One night, as he wanders the streets of New Orleans, he discovers a woman surrounded by panther shifters. No longer able to contain the anger simmering within, Az summons his dark powers and attacks, determined to protect this innocent human from certain death.
Only Jade Pierce is no delicate flower. She’s spent years learning to survive and fight the evil forces sent by her ex-lover who refuses to let her go. But after seeing Az in action, she figures she could use a little supernatural help. And so she plans a course of seduction guaranteed to arouse his interest and his angelic passions…

Homepage Link: www.cynthiaeden.com
Facebook: facebook.com/cynthiaeden

3 comments:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the interview! I can't wait till Angel in Chains is released (I want to pet the cover a lot!) It's kind of funny that Cynthia's latest book is in an anthology with Shelley Laurenston because the first book of Cynthia's I read was in an anthology with Shelley too...lol...looking forward to reading lots more books!

Cynthia Eden said...

Thanks so much for interviewing me! ;)

Genital estetik said...

Have you been thinking about the power sources and the tiles whom use blocks
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out the new stuff you post.
Kızlık zarı
Genital estetik