Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oops, I knew I forgot something...

Hey,

After telling you guys all about the negative reception Ashley Marie and I got from family members about our books, I wanted to ask you something:

Do you ever get teased, or insulted when people see what you're reading? Funny looks? Anything like that?

I've always been a voracious reader, but when I was fifteen, I spent a month at my uncle's house. That was in the late '70s--my uncle had retired from the U.S. Army Special Forces a few years prior, after three back-to-back tours in  Vietnam and Laos. Needless to say, the  first time he spotted me reading a Harlequin Romance, the game was on. He teased and mocked me mercilessly. He's dead and gone now, but as long as he lived, even twenty years later, he never let up on my chosen reading material. Why he couldn't catch me reading The Prince? Or Once and Future King? Or even Stephen King's post-apocalyptic novel The Stand? I loved that book!

Ah, well. C'est la vie, right?

Well, once again, the contest is, comment--two different people will win. One person gets an E-copy of Metamorphose, the other person gets a different book from my back-list.

Also, let me mention 2 other things, as long as I'm giving things away--I'm having a big sale for another 10 or so days:


Two books are 45% off for two weeks!
A Hunted Heart is *$1.34* and you can get it at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00702ZF4M or Smashwords- https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/153879
For the last decade, Von Branigan has lived his solitary life estranged from the only woman he ever loved. He’d been wronged and for ten long years he isolated himself from the world, keeping his hurt and loneliness wrapped around him like a cloak.
Tati is tired now. She’s done. If not for Von, she would have thrown in the towel and let the bad guy win. Have the years without her taught him bitterness or has he finally grown into the man she thought she’d married? Is there a safe haven out there for her hunted, wounded heart?

Three M/M Short Stories: Volume One is *$.99* and you can get it at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007WA320Q or Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/153840
You never know when you'll find Mister Right--or even Mister Right Now. Sometimes you need one thing, sometimes another.
Chasing Jonas
Is life just beginning for Jonas, or is it all mapped out? He doesn't know it yet, but somebody has plans for Jonas. Plans he just might like…
After Class
Just because a college career is nearly at its end, there's no reason to stop learning. But first, you have to find just the right professor.
Office Politics
 Mark has had a thing for his boss since the first day. Unfortunately, Jack Weaver is a man's man in a politically correct climate. Too bad Mark doesn't understand politics.

Belonging to MacGregor was already $.99 so that hasn't changed--Amazon or Smashwords

Also--I'm having a "join my blog" event--The good news is, I have 2 blogs, http://jjmassawriter.blogspot.com  and http://jjmassawriter.wordpress.com/   join one or both blogs and be in the running for one of two $Amazon gift cards or two chances to win an e-book download from my published books.

So, that's it. Several ways to win. Right now, comment on this or the other post, and have a chance to win. The more you have to say, the better your chances.

Thanks for reading, and thank you, Tina, for having me here today!



www.jjmassa.com
join me on Twitter, Facebook, my Blog,or my NCP Space





3 comments:

flchen1 said...

LOL! My mom used to sometimes get annoyed that I read so much, mainly because it would mean I was ignoring requests to help around the house and so on ;) I find that sadly true now when I'm yelling for DD to help fold laundry, for instance :) Otherwise, we're thankfully free from teasing for being bookworms!

rm2h said...

I really enjoyed A Hunted Heart, it is one of my favorite rereads.

J.J. Massa said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, rm2h (mind if i call you rm?) I'm thinking of keeping my upcoming Zodiac series romantic, but non-erotic.

Hey, flchen! I'm glad I'm not the only one--not that I ever thought I was.