Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Lizzie T Leaf - and Contest!!!


In the Beginning
In the beginning of my efforts for a writing career the dream was Harlequin.  But as I plodded (yes, it was a plod) away on a short contemporary, I really wasn’t feeling it.  Could it be I was aiming for the wrong genre?
My then critique partners, both of whom had recently been published in erotic romance, dared me to give that genre a shot.  Never dare…I went for it and Call Me was born and accepted by a publisher.  Well actually two, but the first one wanted more sex sooner which would have lost the romance and just become erotica.  I said thank you, but no thanks.  That was followed by a panic attack of…have I blown my only chance to be published? 
Fortunately, no.  The next editor wanted it, loved it and snorted coffee on her keyboard reading a scene.  That publishing house also started my dive into paranormal when they emailed and asked if I would write a book for a series they created.
I did, and then came up with a friends help with an idea of my own for a book.  In the beginning the first DEAD novella was to be just that…a novella.  Then readers started asking, “When’s the next one?”  My then publisher jumped on the bandwagon and a series was born.


What is now DEAD Awake kicked off the series.  A Jewish friend suggested a Kosher vampire before her change into an undead.  Hard to stay away from all that blood in her new life. http://musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_39&products_id=335



 
 For DEAD Faint another friend thought the idea of a vampire who fights at the sight of blood would be funny.  It sure was fun to write! http://musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_39&products_id=346     




I don’t remember the trigger for DEAD Hunter, but it became a little darker.  There is still humor, but when the key Evil One is Beelzebub out to take over the world, dark parts come into play.  DEAD Hunter re-releases August 17th  http://musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_39&products_id=357   




The DEAD Memory idea popped into my twisted mind during one of those ‘staring at the ceiling’ moments in the middle of the night and thus evolved a vampire who doesn’t remember he is one of the living dead.  It is scheduled to re-release August 31st.  http://musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_39&products_id=367   



Currently, I’m putting the finishing touches on DEAD Hot.  Some of the vampires from prior books are still in residence, but the central characters in this one are shifters.  Of course, he was contaminated by a vampire bite a couple of earlier and is now a blood-thirsting shifter.  Look for that one to release in October at Musa Publishing.



Then there is the Magical Love series.  Beyond Magic release in 2011 and kicks off the series about a Scottish Cailleach whom the Powers have directed to unite lovers.  Her first attempt is a Denver tour guide leading a group of retired teachers through Scotland.  Thanks to magic she connects with her soul mate that is the grandson of the Faerie King on his maternal side, and is blessed with paternal grandparents of Greek love goddess, Aphrodite and Nordic god, Odin whose tryst a lot of years later produced our hero’s father.   http://passioninprint.com/ShowBook.php?CR=LTL_BEYONDMAGIC 



The second book in the series, Emerging Magic should release late October or early November.  Think going home to meet your man’s family and you step into an Addams Family or Munster’s situation.  I think the cover on this one is hot!  

A winner for a PDF of DEAD Awake will be drawn from comments and answers to this question:
How do you like your heroes? Strong, sensitive or bad boy?
DEAD Awake:   


Blurb:
Waking up to discover you're dead isn't a gal's idea of fun.
Deb Stein loved to party until she took the hunk dressed as a vampire to her bed. Now she’s one of the living dead and pissed about it. Plus, she has to find a new identity and WORK!
Aaron Lowell can’t believe he took Deb Stein to the dark side in a moment of passion.  His first vampire conversion leaves him racked with guilt…and lust. 

Excerpt:

 He studied her for a long moment with his intense black eyes and she had to resist the urge to squirm.  Maybe she didn’t want to know what he was going to tell her.

“Your condition is the result of…an accident.  My friend didn’t mean to get carried away and turn you into one of the living dead.”

“The what?”  How did she manage to get hooked up with these weirdoes?  “Are you frigging nuts?” 

His dark glare stopped her from saying more.

“For your information, I’m saner than you’re going to feel shortly.”  He held up a hand to stop her question.  “Let me finish before you start with your questions.”  His voice teetered on boredom as he went on to explain what happened to her Halloween night. 

The story may have bored him, but by the time he completed his tale, she was boiling mad.  “You’re telling me I’m a vampire.” 

This man was certifiable.  Vampires only existed in horror movies and at costume parties.  “Then what does that make you, if you’re friends with this individual who took a bite out of me?”
“A much older and wiser vampire than you or my young friend who created you.”  He adjusted the collar of his coat.  “Now, do you want to benefit from some of my knowledge or do you wish to continue with your delusion that I’m insane?”

A little flicker of fear ran down Deb’s spine.  What if he was telling her the truth?  What if she had been turned into a vampire?  That would explain why the doctor pronounced her dead.  She was, what did Daniel call it…one of the living dead. 

“So, did your friend or whatever you call him, need virgin’s blood to survive or what?”

The Experienced One grimaced.  “I call him Aaron, or sometimes refer to him as my protégé, and yes, he is my friend.  As for the virgin’s blood, if that was the case he’d be in real trouble on the survival issue with his selection of you, wouldn’t he?”

The smug jerk cocked an eyebrow as he looked at her.  Deb saw red and it wasn’t blood.  Talk about a put-down.  “Well forgive me if I can’t win this year’s Miss Chaste award and for not knowing what is involved in the vampire way of life.  Is waking up one of the living dead like being a little bit pregnant?”


Will also be available at Amazon Kindle, Barnes & Noble Nook and All Romance eBooks shortly after the Musa release.

Connect with Lizzie at:
Follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/lizzietleaf
And keep up with her happenings on her blog: http://lizzietleaf.blogspot.com/


7 comments:

Debby said...

What is wrong with a strong sensitive bad boy? that is what I want.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Lizzie said...

LOL..love it Debby! A great combination in a guy for sure.

flchen1 said...

Kind of depends on the story--while I love a bad boy, it can't hurt to find a guy who's a good listener ;) Thanks for the peeks at your stories, Lizzie!

Lizzie said...

With you on that flechen1 and that's how my heroes go. The 4th book in the Magic series will have a guy who isn't the 'standard' hero...LOL

Tina said...

Flchen1 you are the winner please email me Kalisto@roadrunner.com with your email so I Can give it to Lizzie

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cod online tramadol 50 mg for ultram - tramadol can get u high

Anonymous said...

cheap tramadol no prescription how to buy tramadol online overnight - safest place buy tramadol online