Thursday, June 7, 2012

Harem Mistress by Mina Carter


Good morning! I’d like to start off by thanking Tina for inviting me today, and to say Hi! I’m Mina, and I write…well, pretty much anything. It depends where my current whimsy takes me. However, a lot of these flights of fancy don’t make it to the printed or ‘e’page. Thankfully. They’re all safely locked up so you needn’t worry ;)
As a rule I tend to write paranormal and sci-fi romance. Both genres hold a distinct fascination for me, they’re like a passport to an exotic trip, a new world held between the pages that I can indulge myself in for a few hours. All without going anywhere! Since I hate (read loathe and detest) to travel, it’s a win-win situation.
I particularly like writing sci-fi though. Why? Well, that one’s easy to answer. I’m a geek, and a trekkie. My teenage years were spent reading Anne McCaffrey, Douglas Hill, Joe Haldeman and any other sci-fi book I could get my hands on and even now, I love space opera type films. Anything with an empire or space-marines, and I’m hooked! (Just don’t ask me my opinion on the Starship Troopers films, please. Not unless you want to reduce me to tears)
Writing sci fi is my chance to slip into one of those worlds, build an empire and create the men and women who shape it. Keliana and Jareth from Harem Mistress are one such couple, players in the cast of the world of the Imperial Princes.
My name is Mina, and it’s been three hours, fourteen minutes since I last wrote sci-fi…best get back to it, eh? ;)

 Illicit love, burning hot sex...

Keliana is an imperial harem mistress, but that doesn't stop Jareth Nikolai from wanting her. A colonel in the imperial fleet and the prince's right hand man, Jareth has earned his reputation as a loyal, stone-cold soldier, but thoughts of Keliana heat his blood to boiling--even though she's the property of his prince.

Keliana knows it's forbidden, but she can't get the handsome colonel of out of her mind, nor can she ignore her dreams of one day loving him openly as a free woman. When she's called before her prince and given to Nikolai as a gift, she thinks her dreams have finally come true. Until Nikolai is raised to prince and cannot marry his harem mistress.

And deep within the shadows, enemy machinations work to keep them apart forever...

Available now from: Amazon | Amazon.co.uk | ARe | OmniLit

Mina Carter was born and raised in Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England). After a slew of careers ranging from logistics to land-surveying she can now be found in the wilds of Leicestershire with her husband and young daughter…the true boss of the family.
Suffering the curse of eternal curiosity Mina never tires of learning new skills which has led to Aromatherapy, Corsetry, Chain-maille making, Welding, Canoeing, Shooting, and pole-dancing to name but a few.

A full time author and cover artist, Mina can usually be found hunched over a keyboard or graphics tablet, frantically trying to get the images and words in her head out and onto the screen before they drive her mad. She's addicted to coffee and Nutella on toast.

Where to find Mina...

4 comments:

Viola Russell said...

I love the idea of forbidden love--someone who wants what he or she can't have. Love denied is a wonderful plot stimulator. I'm not into sci-fi so much, but some fantasy is very appealing. I love wars among angels or tales of magic. The Arthurian legend always appealed to me, and I also enjoy some vampire fiction. This book sounds juicy.

Qwillia Rain said...

Mina,
This sounds like an intriguing book, but I have to admit, I'm more interested in your time making corsets and chain-maille and how it can come in handy with the writing (details, I love details!)
Qwillia

Mina Carter said...

Hi Viola! Thanks for stopping by :) Forbidden love is a particularly nice one to write, so I had great fun with this story. Do you have a favourite vampire tale? If so, which one?

Mina xx

Mina Carter said...

Hey Qwillia, thanks for your comment! I'm a bit of a details nerd so I try and incorporate snippets of skills to give a story flavor :) Corsetry is a gold-mine for details, right from the machines (I LOVE old painted singer sewing machines) to the gorgeous fabrics. Chainmaille on the other hand yields lovely little details like which metals work well and which ones 'bite' back (steel for example HATES me, but I love working copper) :) I have been toying with the idea of a corsetry book for writers, with a how too and background info on the history.

Mina xx