Monday, March 19, 2012

Interview with Author Jana Downs

 Hi Jana! Thank you for stopping by during my birthday week. Here are some questions for you.


What is your newest release?

 My newest release is part of a new LoveXtreme series called His Guardian Angels. The title of the first book in it is Angel Bound. J I’m super excited about it.

 What inspired it?

 Funny story, that. I was actually riding a riding lawn mower on a hill and thinking about falling off and what my guardian angels were going to do about that. Then Madigan popped up and started telling me exactly what his guardian angels would do about that and so began the series.

How can we find you on the web?

 You can find me and my boys on facebook or my website: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=749066308 and  http://janadowns.blogspot.com/

What publishing house are you with?

 I’m actually a working with a couple different wonderful publishers currently, Siren Publishing, Silver Publishing, and Dreamspinner Press.

What character have you created that is most like you?

 I’d like to think that think that there is a little bit of me in all my characters so it’s hard to pinpoint exactly which one I am most like. If I had to pick I’d have to say I am the perfect blend between Germany and Allasandro (a weird combination I know), like Germany I am a book worm and fairly private but, like Allasandro, when I get in a crowd of people I tend to be the nutty one bouncing off the walls. 

What inspired you to become a MM writer? Do you see yourself branching out into MF or FF in the future?

 I think I fell in love with two characters who happened to both be male around thirteen and decided to stick them together and leave off the female entirely. :P I’ve been dedicated to MM ever since. As far as branching out goes, I am not opposed to branching out into other genres of romance. It will probably be under a different pen name but I am all about spreading the love in lots of different directions. 

What is the most challenging thing about being a first time writer?

 It is definitely learning all the different house styles and figuring out exactly what the unwritten rules are for readers and editors alike. I wish there would’ve been a better How-To guide starting out with all this stuff in black and white. However, I have to say that the journey has been a kick.

What would you like to ask the readers?

 Could you guys throw out some interesting names to use in the series I’m working on? They’re dragon shifters and I need some really crazy names to get my muse kicked into high gear. :P Thanks.




 

 

Angel Bound (LoveXtreme)
His Guardian Angels 1

By: Jana Downs |
Categories: Erotic Romance, Alternative (M/M or F/F), Menage a Trois/Quatre, Paranormal
Word Count: 32,246
Heat Level: SCORCHING
Published By: Siren-BookStrand, Inc. 

 http://www.bookstrand.com/angel-bound
PRE-ORDER!
AVAILABLE: Monday, March 26th
[Siren LoveXtreme Forever ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Ménage Romance, M/M/M/M/M/M, angels, HEA]
Madigan has a successful career as co-owner of a bakery and has never really been passionate about much else. His mother has always claimed that he was the son of the Archangel Raphael, but he'd never had reason to believe her. That is, until Madigan finds himself hunted by angelic fanatics who see him as an abomination.
His father has assigned him guardian angels to act as his protection from the hunters. The five men desperately search for a solution for Madigan's protection and find only one viable option. Madigan must become Angel Bound, married in angelic terms, to all of his guardian angels. Now Madigan has gone from having no relationships to having five simultaneously. All of the men will have to learn to balance desire and duty in order to ensure Madigan's safety and happiness above all things.

 

1 comment:

Yvette said...

I would read your books no matter what crazy names they have because I so enjoy your books...but...some thoughts..
Xavier, Manfred, Rodolfo, Celio, Hector (Not exactly left field but maybe a start?)
Yvette
yratpatrol@aol.com