Monday, June 13, 2011

Interview with Gabrielle Evans and CONTEST

9 book series. New Release Every Monday

AVAILABLE: Monday, June 13th
[Siren LoveXtreme Forever ManLove: Erotic Alternative Fantasy Ménage Romance, M/M/M/M/M/M/M/M, demons]
Hex and his six demon warriors escaped the depths of Tartarus under Hades's watchful eye to live among the mortals in the Top World. The Oracle has prophesized an epic battle to come—a war between good and evil that will test the warriors as never before.
When Echo arrives on their doorstep, cold, naked, and hungry, they immediately realize he is their mate, and the prophesized “heart” that beats between them. Echo may be the ultimate weapon in the war, but he’s also a spitfire, and he instantly turns their world upside down.
If fighting an angry god weren’t enough, the warriors learn Echo has escaped from a secret lab hidden away in the mountains, and it isn’t long before trouble comes looking for them. Can the demons keep their new mate safe when it seems the entire world—and the Underworld—is against them?

   Hi Gabrielle and welcome to Redzworld!


What inspired your release?
 People ask me this all the time, and the answer is—I have no idea! The slightest thing will spark an idea, and my overactive and warped imagination will just run with it. There wasn’t any particular catalyst for the Fatefully Yours series. I’m pretty sure I was just sitting around daydreaming when the idea came to me.
Where can we purchase this book?
You can purchase Dark Devotion at www.bookstrand.com/dark-devotion

How do you get into the head of your characters when writing a sex scene?
Sex is sex. Love is love. It doesn’t matter who or what body parts are involved. I know what I like. I have my own fantasies. I start with that, exaggerate the details, and go from there. It helps that my husband is willing to sacrifice by aiding me with, um *cough*…research. 


Are your stories plot or character driven?
Both. I can’t have one without the other. My plot doesn’t define my characters, and nor do my characters influence my plotline. I like to think I have a healthy balance, and am able to construct worlds where my characters will react to any given situation in a way that is consistent with their personalities. I work hard to make my characters engaging and well-rounded while still giving equal description to the action of the storyline.


Do you set any limits as to how controversial you want your stories to be?
 Nope. I have no boundaries. Obviously, I don’t to offend anyone, but if it is important to the storyline, anything goes.

What really draws your attention to a good book; the cover art, the genre, the author or the blurb?
I think it’s a little of everything. I’ll usually begin my search in whatever genre I feel like reading at the moment. I’ll first look to see if any of my favorite authors have new releases. If an interesting cover or title catches my eye, I’ll read the blurb. If the blurb sounds promising, then I’ll by the book. So, it’s just kind of a combination of all of it.


Is there something you would refuse to write into a story?
Pedophilia, necrophilia, bodily functions meant to arouse, and bestiality all fall under my “NO” heading.  There are probably others as well, but I try to keep my stories light and fun for the most part, so it’s not really an issue.


What is the biggest misconception about writing erotica?
 Well, first there’s the issue of erotic romance vs. erotica. Erotica is sex, pure and simple, without the promise of a happily-ever-after. I write erotic romance. Lots of steamy lovin’ with the promise of love and loyalty. Some people think I’m depraved for what I write. Some think I’m sex-starved, while others assume I’m this huge whore. I like to think for the most part that readers are smart enough to grasp the distinction between reality and fiction, but there are some that tend to blur the lines.

What kind of reactions do you get from your family about the types of stories you write?
 My husband is the most supportive person in my life. He reads everything I write, and never bats an eyelash. He really is my biggest fan. My brother is also hugely supportive. Other members of my family are not quite as understanding, but they haven’t banned me from Christmas dinner yet, so I guess that’s enough. J

Of anything that has occurred in your life, what one choice would you make differently if you could?
 None of them. Good or bad, they all led me to where I am today, and I love my life.

Do you ever fear you may be going too far with a particular love scene and if so, how do you rein the scene in?
 Nope. Again, if it fits with my characters, anything goes.

Do you ever take things from your real life and put it in your books?
 All the time! A lot of my heroes have at least one of my favorite quirks about my husband. I’ll throw in funny conversations I’ve had, or maybe something stupid that I’ve done.

What do you remember about your first love?
 I fell in love when I was 15, and I remember it being this all-encompassing almost obsession. At that age, my hormones were all over the place, not to mention lacking the maturity to understand, let alone handle my emotions. I’m one of the lucky few, though. I get to look into my husband’s face every day and remember exactly why I tumbled over the edge in the first place.


Does where you live inspire your writing?
 Not really. I live in Texas. You’d expect me to write about cowboys, right? I do use where I live to influence settings in my books, though.

What is the one word or phrase that will get you hot and bothered when you’re reading a book??
 “Wet.” Anything in a sex scene that is wet is definitely a good thing.

What’s more important, girth or length?
 Neither. It’s what you do with it. *wink*

What’s the difference between making love and having sex? Is there a difference? Can there be both?
 There can absolutely be both! I’m sure everyone has a different definition and distinction. To me, you can’t make love to a one night stand. There has to be an emotional attachment, that flicker that tells you this person is more than a way to get your rocks off. I think most people would associate “making love” with slow and tender. That doesn’t mean that you can’t be totally in love and have down and dirty, hard and fast, make-me-scream sex, though.

What makes you blush?
 Honestly? Compliments.

Finish this sentence: if I could change one thing about myself it would be…
 My obsessive need for perfection. 


I'll run a contest as well to give away an ebook copy of the first two books in the Fatefully Yours series.
I'll run the contest through Friday, June 17th

Thank you Gabrielle for chatting with me, and readers be sure to comment below and enter the contest!

6 comments:

Perpetua said...

Oh look at that I'm the first to comment!! Nice interview Brie!! Looking forward to this series soo much!!

XOXO

Lucia said...

Great interview :) I love the way the menage is written in the Moonlight Breed series, so I'm curious how it will be with 8 who all love eachother!

Tgavin said...

Great interview. Thank you.

bc said...

Good interview,looking forward to reading this one.

Paula said...

Finished this book last night and it was awesome. I'm really looking forward to the next one to see where things go with the story.

Holly said...

Great interview!! I can not wait to read Fatefully Yours!!