Thursday, February 10, 2011

Interview with author Anny Cook



What inspired your current release? 

My current release, Phantom's Rest, is set in an RV park for long-term guests. Over the last couple years as the economy has grown worse, I've met many families who ended up in just such a situation. It seemed an interesting background for my hero and heroine. Toss in a bunch of ghosts, some assassins, and a secret agent for a little excitement...

Who are your publishers? 

Passion in Print, Resplendence Publishing, and Ellora's Cave.

How long have you been an author? 

My first book, Chrysanthemum, was published in 2006!

What was your favorite part of the book to write – the beginning, middle, or ending?

I think it's the middle. By then, I have all the basic information and setting in place. And I hate when I reach the end.

What do you hope every reader gets out of an Anny Cook book?  Is there a message you want the reader to grasp?

Oh, I think I want the reader to see that love comes in all guises. That sex doesn't have to be serious. And that love is as much about laughter and joy as it is about desire.

Have you had any odd jobs in your past? Have they shown up as stories?

Heh. Funny you should ask. I taught Computer Bootcamp for adults at my last place of employment. I used that experience in Alpheli Solution when one of the heroes, Julian, taught Vampire Bootcamp.

Do you have any other upcoming releases or projects? 

I have a brand new release from Passion in Print on February 12th--Phantom's Rest. And I'm about halfway through my current work in progress, Shadows on Stone, the first of four romances based on the Treasures of the Tuatha de Danann. I'm really excited about how it's coming along.

What does your work space look like?

Messy. I'm one of those people who seem to work better the messier it gets. Strangely, I can find everything I need until someone comes along to clean it up. Then I'm in trouble.

If you could live in any time or place where would you be and what would you be doing? Oh, I would like to live in the Old West in the 1800s--writing.

Who are you reading now?

Cindy Spencer Pape's Valentine's Heart.

Who would you have on your keeper shelf?

Well, I have about 6000 print books and another 1500 e-books. How much time do we have?

How important is reviewer and reader feedback? 

I would say for me the reader feedback is absolutely at the top of my list. I save every note I receive and keep them in a notebook to look at on those "bad" days when you think you suck as an author. Secondly, I think all reviews are important--good or bad--because as a writer you can learn what skills you need to improve. I also save all reviews in another book with the important points high-lighted.

Where do you see your career in five years? 

I have absolutely no idea. Five years ago I had a notion I might try for a print publisher. I don't think that's a goal I want to pursue any more. My current goal is to finish four books a year. And we'll see from there.

How can we find you on the web?

My website it www.annycook.com. My blog is www.annycook.blogspot.com (and I blog almost every day!) And you can find me on Facebook as anny cook.

Tina, thank you so much for hosting me! I really enjoyed the questions!



Phantom’s Rest by Anny Cook from Passion in Print

When Beauregard Barker leaves his military career due to injuries, he takes refuge at the Phantom’s Rest RV Park, expecting no more than a place to recover as he helps renovate the park. First he discovers the place is full of ghosts. Then Emmeline Fairchild arrives for her annual stay and everything changes. Beau falls hard for the shy calligrapher who’s being stalked by a killer. Whatever it takes, he’s determined to keep her safe and persuade her he’s the man for her.  


Bio

Anny Cook is the author of eighteen published titles ranging from a short novel for an anthology to several longer novels. She has two fantasy series plus several paranormal and contemporary romances. All her erotic romances, whether two people or more, have one important thing in common—love.

Reader, author, wife, parent and grandmother, Anny Cook fits it all in her busy life. She’s moved over forty times, lived in six states, and worked jobs as varied as fast food, warehousing, teaching adult education classes and executive secretary. Now officially retired, she began writing in 2005 when she found herself at loose ends after yet another move. Married to the same man over forty years, she currently lives with her house hunk in Maryland.

You can find Anny on the internet at:

http://www.annycook.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/anny.cook

16 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Wonderful interview Anny and you know I love your work. Really looking forward to Phantom's Rest. Happy release day just a bit early.

flchen1 said...

Terrific interview, Anny and Tina! Thanks for the update--Anny, I've enjoyed some of your previous books, and I'll be looking forward to catching up with those on your backlist that I missed!

anny cook said...

Thank you for dropping by Flchen1 and Regina! I'm really excited about this new book!

Kari Thomas said...

Enjoyed the Interview, Anny! Your book sounds great and Im adding it to my TBB list!

hugs, Kari Thomas
www.authorkari.com

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Verrrrry much looking forward to reading the final version of this. As Anny's critique partners, I CAN say it's one of her best yet!

anny cook said...

Hello, Kari! Thank you for dropping by! Please let me know what you think when you get to it!

anny cook said...

Cindy, luv! Thank you for ALL you do to make my books the best they can be!

Fran Lee said...

Yum...cannot wait, Anny!

Katalina Leon said...

Anny, Phantom's Rest sounds great! I wish you you the best.
XXOO Kat

anny cook said...

Hey, Fran! I believe you might really like Captain John and Samuel. Two very, very hunky ghosts...

anny cook said...

Thank you, Kat! I appreciate you dropping by!

Lisa Alexander Griffin said...

Hi, Anny! Loved learning more about you, and Phantom's Rest sounds like an interesting read! :)

Kate Richards said...

I can totally vouch for what an incredible story Phantom's Rest is and I want more! The characters are so likeable I hate that the story had to end.And I'm her editor...so I read it a bunch of times lol

anny cook said...

Thank you, Lisa! I'm glad you dropped by!

anny cook said...

Yes, Kate. I'm planning Malachi's story! After I finish Shadows...

Lizzie said...

Congratulations on the new release, Anny! Love the RV park concept.