Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kristal McKerrington Interview




'In a world where there is no certainty, a woman, who did what was believed impossible, fell in love with two brothers; Two of the best wrestlers in the world. Only now this Christmas the beginning of her long journey starts with the end when Layla decides to share part of the ending of her story in this Christmas Tale that challenges not just the brothers, but the bounds of loyalty and love.'  






Hello all, of Tina's readers.  I hope you will enjoy having me here today and I will more then enjoy hanging out with you all and you will learn alot about me. Maybe I will learn about you too. 

This anthology is near and dear to me too since my alter ego appears in it Kristal. I hope everyone gets a chance to read it 

What is your newest release, and what inspired it?

A Different Life:  A Christmas Tale of Two Hearts apart of the Sweet Christmas Anthology. 
The books were inspired back when I was watching Wrestling, but I didn't start the idea until I was locked up in the hospital back in 2008 for 8 weeks due to my condition.  Then I was inspired to reach out and do something no one else would do to say thank you to my ideals, Matt, Jeff Hardy, Shannon Moore, Shane Helms and all of the Hardy show crew or staff. 

How long have you been a writer? 

I have been writing since I was five, I use to write fan fiction and promos for when we wrestled in Primary school. I also really got into it through my time in Hospital. 

Where do you see your career in five years?

Hopefully making the Young Adult Wrestling, Romance and a Writers life into movies with dear friend and promotional partner, Marty Garner as well as helping XOXO Publishing reach its goals to be a better company

What advice would you give an aspiring writer?

Make sure you find a publishing company you feel comfortable with and never stop dreaming. 

What authors are on your keeper shelf?

Honestly way too many to count.... Right now I'm digging 'The Cursierweight' by L. Anne Carrington

What odd jobs have you had before writing?  Have any of them shown up in a story?

Yeah my bar job that I had when I was eighteen showed up in Freedom Is Earned along with my Volunteer Dance instructors job.  Those are the only two that has come into my writing so far. 

What is the hardest thing about being a full time writer?

The fact I feel like there is never enough time in the day and always worrying about deadlines. 

If you could live in any time in history, where would you live and what would you be doing?

I would go back to the time where my family ruled one of the small Islands in Shetland and be the princess of the Viking tribe that is legionary through out the Nordic communities.  If I could bring anyone back to experiences that then I would bring my ideals back with me along with Marty and the whole of XOXO Publishing. I think they would enjoy the experience within its self. 

What makes a perfect day for you?

My perfect day would be me, my boyfriend and Marty hanging out. Maybe with the XOXO Publishing crew. It s a dream of mine to be on H2H's someday. I know that is a dream though. If you want to watch the best Talk Show that isn't on TV then make sure you log onto www.geekweek.com/live every Wednesday at 7pm Est for H2H's where you can catch 'Hurricane Helms', my awesome Promotional partner, Marty Garner and the very hot waitress who is so hot she competes with the sun the H2H's Waitress. 

In closing I would like to thank Tina for having me and for all of you for stopping by, Kristal McKerrington. 

4 comments:

Brigit/Faerylvr said...

Hey Kristal...great interview. Thanks for sharing with us.

Rawiya said...

Lovely interview. Thank you

Kristal McKerrington said...

It was awesome to be here on with you Brigit and Rawiya.

Brianna Martini Official Blog said...

Hi Kristal, great interview.
Brianna xo